Alarming facts about Autism
- According to CDC (2014), 1% of the world population has Autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
- According to US Autism statistics, 1 in every 68 children (1 in 42 boys) in the USA is affected by ASD. In India, a conservative estimate of 1 in 100 children can be considered.
- Boys are 4 times more likely to be affected by ASD than girls.
- Currently, no definitive cure exits for ASD.
- A common myth about ASD is that vaccination causes ASD – This is NOT true.
- About 40% of children with autism do not speak. About 25%–30% of children with autism have some words at 12 to 18 months of age and then lose them. Others might speak, but not until later in childhood